4/27/12

What is my purpose?

This is Taylor once again posting. We are steering away from James since in Sunday school Elliot will be wrapping it up this week.

I wanted to focus on a question that teens may not say aloud, but often are thinking of subconsciously. Teens are actually determining their purpose quite a bit when they decide on a career, college, their girlfriend/boyfriend, sports they participate in, and even their participation level in school.

Growing up I wanted to define my worth, and I did so through my grades, recreational activities, and my leadership in the youth group. I wanted to make God proud, of course, but I did alot of these things to give myself worth and purpose as well. I never knew how me choosing my purpose would not always bring glory to God.

It is hard as human beings to not seek selfish desires and to let God show us His plan for our lives. No, He won't give us every detail and decision, but He can present us with that still quiet voice of the Holy Spirit. We have to be quiet and listen for it.

God has a purpose for us and it has already been set in motion for us to seek His will, and not our own. Proverbs 19:21 (KJV) "There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand."



No comments:

Post a Comment