4/19/12

I'm a Pepper!

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.
-James 4:11 ESV

James sums up the past chapter and a half with this thought. Don't speak evil. It's so easy to speak evil. So easy to judge. Just don't do it. Have you ever tried that?

I feel like speaking evil is like a bad habit. Have you ever tried to break a bad habit? I've been trying to stop drinking soda for a long time, but I love Dr Pepper too much. Taylor and I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and she asked if I needed more Dr Pepper. I had a killer caffeine headache, but I said no, I'm giving it up. I was doing well, until I went to Chili's last night and had five glasses of it. Once we get used to something, it's hard to give it up. Speaking evil is like that.

But how much harder is it to build someone up? To compliment someone? I dare you to build someone up this next week. Speak life into people, and don't destroy them with your words. Compliment, encourage, bear someone's burdens, don't hate, fight, and belittle. It's not your job. The world already does that, true christians don't need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment